To launch Hat Works, the re-launch of the Hat Factory Arts Centre and promote Luton Culture’s commitment to creative talent, applications are invited from creative, design and digital entrepreneurs to become Creative Pioneer Members of the Hat District in central Luton.
What Hat Works will offer you:
Year 1 – start-up
- The opportunity to use spaces at the Hat Factory Arts Centre. You will share this space with other Pioneer Members to develop your business ideas, engage interest in your work and grow your clients and new markets. The start-up year also includes:
- 12-months’ rent free shared space from September 2019
- A start-up grant of £100
- Arts Centre and Café discounts
- Access to Creative Business Mentorship opportunities
- Access to Artistic and Creative programmes at the Hat Factory
Year 2 – step-up
- Upon successful completion of the above, we will offer:
- Free Business Step-up dedicated workspace for 12 months at Hat Works
- Free membership of Hat Works (see below for more details)
- Bespoke support from a Creative Business Mentor from within the Hat District to help you to develop your ideas, plus access to a range of business development opportunities and engagement activities related to your pitch
- Excellent opportunities for networking and exposure
Year 3 – stand-up
Having, by year three, used the time and support available to grow your business idea, markets and income, we anticipate that you will be working independently. This will give you choices going forward about where you choose to be based. We hope you will choose one of our next-stage spaces at the Hat Factory Arts Centre. In doing so, you will be able contribute back into the creative economy by helping the new start-ups that will be entering Hat Works and looking to you as a role-model!
Visit the Hat District website to find out more about this exciting opportunity and details on how to apply.