Teaching Maths Through Art at MK Gallery
KS1 & KS2 Teachers Continued Professional Development
Tuesday 14 November / 2.30-5pm / £20
Explore ways to embed maths into your art and design lesson planning and teaching. This session will focus on the investigation of shape, line and pattern in the context of contemporary visual art. Through discussion and practical activities you will explore approaches to support your pupils with the development and application of their mathematical skills in creative contexts. Cultural provider MK Gallery‘s facilitators will help you to deliver engaging and innovative pupil outcomes through a broad and balanced, cross curricular approach to art, design and maths.
- Gain knowledge of contemporary visual artists and the cultural development of their art forms.
- Develop mathematical language in relation to the analysis and evaluation of contemporary visual art.
- Explore practical art activities for the classroom which support the mathematical development of young children.
- Discover ways to incorporate relevant mathematical skills within the lessons you are teaching.
- Discuss ways maths might be used as the starting point for art and design projects in the classroom.
Who should attend?
Ideal for all educators who teach children in Key Stage 1 or 2.
How to book
To book please email Tara Page, Learning Manager: email@example.com
View the full agenda and the facilitator list here.