The Culture Challenge are currently distributing Culture Vouchers in Bedford Borough due to the generous support of The Harpur Trust and the Waitrose Community Matters scheme. These can only be applied for by schools in Bedford Borough (we have some in Central Bedfordshire too) and spent with Culture Challenge providers. Providers – please do help us spread the word to schools.
For an example of the kind of thing schools spend them on, see a school’s brief for artists here.
What are Culture Vouchers?
Culture Vouchers work as a closed currency, awarded to schools to spend on the delivery of cultural and creative workshops with their pupils. They can be exchanged with any Cultural Provider listed on The Culture Challenge Directory when booking your workshop.
How can my school apply for them?
In the first instance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Please note:
- Selection will be made according to the criteria below
- Applications can only be made by teachers in non-privately maintained schools (lower/ primary/middle/secondary/upper) in Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire only and must be accompanied by a letter of support from the Head teacher
- One application will be considered per school
Applications will be favored that:
- Meet a specific need of an identified group of students in a creative way
- Explicitly support your School Improvement Plan
- Is linked to your Artsmark Action Plan or Artsmark Journey
- Incorporates Arts Award
- Include students in receipt of Pupil Premium funding and/or those from Black and Minority Ethnic backgrounds and/ or those with Special Educational Needs or other protected characteristics.
- Address issues of inclusion or diversity
- Request part funding, rather than full, for the proposed activity
- Commit to evaluating the process and sharing your results with The Culture Challenge
Please be aware that we are likely to receive more applications than we can support, however we see your application as the beginning of a relationship with The Culture Challenge, regardless of whether we are able to award you a Culture Voucher in this case.
The deadline for applications is 31st January 2020 and the creative or cultural activity must be delivered and evaluated before the end of the school year 2020 (end of Summer term).
We really look forward to hearing from you!