They are seeking expressions of interest – a creative response to the Stories from The Gordon Craig project’s activities, which will be timed for unveiling early in 2020, dedicated as Hertfordshire Year of Culture, with the following aims:
- Provide a creative response to the Gordon Craig Theatre’s heritage highlighted through the Stories project
- Provide an opportunity for community volunteers to further illuminate valued heritage
- Draw attention to this heritage through increased community engagement along the town’s cycleways
- Contribute toward the project’s legacy through a permanent installation
- Enhance the cycleways of Stevenage more generally to encourage increased use (also corresponding with other related initiatives) with targeted locations
The final commission can take any art form. Proposals should demonstrate how they will seek to engage with members of the local community. We are open to innovative or unique ideas which encourage us to think in new ways about heritage and the idea of place.
The development of the project will take place in autumn/winter 2019 into early 2020.
A project budget of £2,500 inclusive of VAT will be managed by the project partners, primarily for artist fees and up to £500 inc VAT for materials and/or related site costs.
Proposals should provide:
- A one-page statement, explaining initial proposal thoughts, the community groups you might wish to engage with, why you would like to be considered for this commission, and how your experience is appropriate for a project of this type
- Your CV (max 2 pages)
- A portfolio of relevant previous work (up to 10 images/videos and/or one pdf up to 5 pages)