Hello, my name is Sophie and I am a practicing artist and freelance arts practitioner. I have worked with community groups and young people on a wide range of exciting projects, from creating contemporary murals to delivering arts based workshops. I am happy to tailor my sessions to work with all ages and abilities.
Activities I can deliver include:
- Street Art School
- Mural Design + Installation (temporary or permanent)
- School Workshops (curriculum based or delivering visual arts)
- Portrait Projects (paintings, life portraiture, distortion in portraiture)
- The Science of Art sessions
- Pop Up Exhibitions (space needs to be provided)
- People and Place Workshops (exploring urban and interactive art)
Organisations I have worked with include:
- Wardown Museum and Art Gallery to create a Mural with the community
- Artreach to run science of art workshop in Luton Sixth Form college
- Charity Sustrans to deliver transport themed workshops in schools and create a public artwork
- Revolution Arts to deliver a community street art workshop
- University of Bedfordshire as part of their Testbeds Artist Accelerator program. I am currently working with the university to develop an urban visual arts program for Luton.
I specialise in painting and visual arts. I have a degree in Fine Art and have background knowledge of arts history and artistic processes. I have exhibited around the UK and in 2013 I took an artist residency in China. I am happy to combine talks about my practice and knowledge of art with any activity. My work is very flexible and I am able to run workshops based on most areas of the curriculum, but particularly in art, history, science and humanities.
Contact me to discuss any ideas/projects and together we’ll get creative!