Formed in 2011, we are a group of illustrators and creatives dedicated to promoting illustration in Bedfordshire.
- Provide opportunities for existing artists
- Support and encourage emerging talent
- Share skills with the community
- Encourage young people in illustration
Our work includes:
- Family/Community oriented workshops with BedPop Science Lab, BedPop Fun Palace, The Bedford Film Festival, Kiosk at the Park
- Queens Park Mural community project
- The Drawing Room with We Are Bedford
- Facilitate regular exhibitions locally
- We are also known for running a monthly Drink & Draw for adults
We have a network of professional and up-and-coming creatives, with a core committee of 7 members. This gives us access to a wide variety of skills and experiences. Past events include character design, printmaking, papercraft, collage, 3D pens, book cover and poster design, and even pumpkin carving!
We are mainly able to provide unique, ‘pop-up’ workshops at events. Drop us a line to see how we can work together!
One hour workshop with two artists: £200 (Not including travel or materials)
Different fees can be arranged for longer or multiple sessions, or more/less artists. Just ask!
References: Upon Request
Safeguarding: The Circus of Illustration have a safeguarding policy. Some members are DBS checked.
Arts Award: Supporter
We run a monthly Drink and Draw as an informal meet-up for adults. We have a wealth of content from our drink and draws to inspire conversation and creative thinking. Activities are guided by templates, prompts and cues, and are a unique way to break the ice in a group. Although our regular Drink and Draw happens at a pub, we have also collaborated with Pavilion at the Park's Supper Club and Ouse Muse Poetry Night.
Katie Allen (Committee Member)