This summer, Cultural Provider the Schools Radio Network will be running a radio drama course in Bedford, open to young people aged 12 to 18. The drama will be devised by the students themselves with support and direction of the staff and volunteers on the project.
The course is running 9am to 4pm, Monday 27th to Friday 31st of August culminating in a performance and celebration event Saturday 1st of September. No experience is needed as the course will teach young people about radio drama, production, sound effects and more. On top of this exciting glimpse into the world of radio, students will also have the opportunity to work towards a Bronze Arts Award qualification.
- Schools Radio Network are aiming for the performance and celebration to be in a dedicated performance space, and will be open to friends, family and the wider community to watch the participants perform the radio drama.
- All students will receive a digital copy of the drama production which will also be shared widely so as many people as possible can experience and benefit from the piece.
- The current cost is £150 per participant, covering the cost of the course and Bronze Arts Award materials, moderation and qualification. Schools Radio Network stress that they are currently applying for funding and hope that the final cost will be lower for participants.
- Course participants will need to bring a packed lunch, or (with parental permission) be allowed to leave the venue at lunch break.
- Email email@example.com to discuss booking a place.
- Download the course poster (pdf format)
- Visit the Bedford Radio Drama webpage, hosted by Home Counties Community Media