The Culture Challenge have a development day discussing how to work with schools. Please view the information below, and book via emailing: email@example.com
22nd March 2017, 1pm – 3pm
Basement at Bunyan, Bunyan Museum, Mill Street, Bedford MK40 3EU
A development day for creative professionals who would like to explore the possibility of working with schools and other youth-faced agencies. Participants are welcomed from a wide range of creative and cultural industries and it is suitable for freelancers and organisations.
- Hear from established artist Anne-Marie Stijelja about her work with local schools
- Explore the Culture Challenge with Kayte Judge and the practical ways this free service, run in conjunction with Bedford Creative Arts, Bedford Borough Council and the Royal Opera House Bridge, can help you reach schools, including some of the funding available
- See case studies about how creative and cultural providers have worked with schools in the local area
- Address some of the practical and legal considerations of working with young people (including safeguarding and insurance)
- Begin to craft your ‘offer’ for schools
Participants will leave with an idea of what schools have booked locally, ways to market yourselves to schools, practical help overcoming some of the barriers to working with schools and a draft offer for your work with schools. Those who wish to pursue this area of work will be invited to join the Culture Challenge service directory and will be offered support to find work experience in schools if needed.
This is a free session but booking is required. To book please email Eleanor Hudson at: firstname.lastname@example.org